Monday, March 17, 2008

econ review

so its been a long time since i posted here, so i hope this next post is worth the wait! Today i had to go to a review for my big Econ midterm this week. as i was walking to the jfsb i ran into a bunch of friends i hadnt seen for a long time and chatted with them, including my buddy addi who was also going to the review. so we walked to the review together and when we got there my other buddy alex had saved us a seat, so we went and sat next to him. this is when the trouble started. i dont know where our conversation took us buy it eventually led to my sticking my finger in the nasal cavity of alex. the rest of the review went downhill from there. being the studious student i am i naturally listened and paid attention while my buddy addi kept snoozing next to me, so i took it upon myself to make sure he was awake for this. I mean THIS IS ECON!!! its not like its some hfl test, this is important stuff! so i made sure he was awake by poking him repeatedly and asking him if he was awake intermittently throughout the class. im pretty sure on more than 18 occasions the whole class heard me checking on my friend. anyhow as we are struggling through this econ review, the heat of about 250 people is getting much to much for me to handle! so i raise my hand and ask if we can open some doors because "my marginal willingness to sweat is just getting outta control" to which i got some laughter and some kinda nasty stares. anyhow the doors are opened and life is able to be sustained once again in b190 JFSB. so the TA keeps going on and on about econ and how to deter drug dealers and prostitution, using terms like "a kilo" and "crack" and "powder" and "turning tricks" (okay maybe not that one), but she keeps us pretty entertained. when she starts talking about externalities she asks a question about how to find the dead weight to which i respond "taxes".... she was a little confused.. as was i obviously.... well i guess unless you've taken econ that would be an obvious wrong answer. anyhow the review goes on (this is a two hour one, its ECON for goodness sakes!) and she eventually calls on me, saying "hey you in the blue shirt what is the relative price going to be?" to which im not sure how to respond seeing how im wearing a gray shirt with a blue and green tie... but the whole sweating class (by then even the open doors weren't preventing the class-al warming of the jfsb.... maybe al gore should make a power point about that) is staring at me and so i answer " higher?" to which she smiles and says that is correct! boo ya! anyhow i dont know if i could possibly put the econ review in words enough to describe the sheer hilarity that it was. its too bad addi missed it cause he was sleeping so much. come to think of it, he may still be in there sleeping, or possibly baking if the doors are shut.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Nasal cavity huh? that doesn't give you any of your dignity back for sticking your finger up my nose.