Tuesday, February 19, 2008

jiffy lube.

well this one goes out to my rediculously sick friend, cant even visualize. i hope this little update in the chronicles makes you feel a bit better. so i needed an oil change thatis weekend. and i thought about the many places i could go and i remembered that the generous athletic department of BYU had given all of us a coupon for 7 bucks off of an oil change! well that was a great incentive for me to go! so i show up and i tell them i wanna use my coupon and the guy tells me that i can use my Student ID as well to get another 7 bucks off! that would total 14 bucks! (for all you uvsc students i added it up for ya) anyhow so i was stoked and uber pleased with my decision. they told me that they would be done in about an hour. so in the meantime my friend drew and i go to the local big lots and walk around to see with what kind of stuff we want to decorate our apt next semester. as we shop we remember our plan to get fly swatters to take to the basketball games and use them to taunt the other teams players when they get "swatted" by our team. (please dont write to the daily universe complaining about my "unsportsmanship") so we cant find them at big lots.... (turned out they have a big lot of nothing) so we went to rite aid which turned out to be wrong aid and we finally got to maceys where we found what it was we were looking for. anyhow oh and we stopped at the rentacenter and saw that big screen tv's are for rent for only 75 bucks a month! boo ya! anyhow this is supposed to be about jiffy lube. well about an hour and a half later we go back to jiffy lube and they still arent done with our freaking cars, so we go off to the marriott center to wait in line so we can get Utah tickets which was pointless for me because i have to go to rehearsal among other things... anyhow so while im sitting in the frozeness we call provo, outdoors, i get a call from the lube telling me that my car is ready, but they noticed some problems and asked if i wanted to fix them. now i had heard about how notoriously sneaky jiffy lube was, but i didnt think they would pull the same act on me. they told me about some things that i knew were wrong with my car and i agreed to have thme fix it after they quoted me some pretty decent and low prices. after i got my tickets (which i have to give away) i went to the jiffy lube and picked up my car. when i went to pay i should them the coupon and my student id but the man at the counter said "i can only accept one of those, company policy" i was flabbergasted! the man at the beginning said i could have both! but they refused to budge, so i took my lumps and left. on my way out i read the line items on my invoice and saw that they had charged me more for the extra crap they did than they had quoted me over the phone! oh man at this point i was livid!!!! so i went back into the store and i said "you quoted me 5.99 for this radiator cap, but you charged me 11.99!!!!" to which the lazy grease monkey replied "oh no they are 9.99...". i just about hit the roof when he said this! these high school dropouts had lied to my face on at least 3 occasions!!!! i was gonna rip the walls down and beat the guy with them! i couldnt take it so i just left in a huff with a head full of things i reallllly wanted to say to the grim covered theif! after that ordeal and after a lot of calming down from my homies drew and shankstick we went to the basketball game, sponosored by Jiffy Lube. karma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm sorry to hear about your last visit to jiffy lube. my name is paul, i work for jiffy lube, and i'm sure it goes without saying that our preference was that you remained "uber pleased" with your experience. your situation sounds very frustrating - to be told one thing, then told another (repeat as necessary). i appreciate your constraint in not ripping the walls down in order to beat the employee - that kind of civility makes me want to help; one good deed deserves another, right?
while i personally cannot make this better, i can connect you with the people who can. jiffy lube has a dedicated customer service department that you can contact by phone or email. the email address is jiffy-lube-customer-service@shell.com and the phone number is 800.344.6933. once you contact customer service, they can determine which store and franchisee is involved and work with you to resolve the situation.

we look forward to hearing from you,
paul