Monday, October 5, 2009

Things to do in "The District"

The best part about living in DC is that there is a ton of stuff to do. But even with all that stuff, its still like Provo cause its often hard to get anyone else to do it with you. Luckily I have found somef fun people that like to go on adventures! Here are some highlights.

#1. Baseball

Now, Washington is definitely a football city. It seems that most people eat, sleep, and die Redskins. Even if they lose to the worst football team in the league (which technically cant happen since teams cant play themselves....) people still cheer for them and pay a ton of money to do so. Anyhow, my point in all this is, the Nationals are awful. And because of their sheer pitifulness, no one goes to their games, so you can buy a cheap 5 or 10 dollar ticket and sit way close and enjoy a good game of baseball.

I got to see the Phillies, the Braves and the team with the best record in the National League, the NL West Champion Los Angeles Dodgers!
Here me and Aubrey are at Nationals field. She agreed to come to the Dodgers game if I went to the Braves game...




Here is my man Man-Ram. Steroids and all, I love him! He ain't Albert Pujols. Thank heavens.

the game was fun, and exciting, but here's how it ended up.

Dodgers lost...

And then at the Braves game, the Nationals lost and Aubrey was so excited cause the team of her childhood won! I granted her permission to roll.



Oh and the best part about the games is this.




#2 Eat.

There are a lot of great places to eat here in our nations capital. besides the obvious McDonald's and Burger Kings that are a staple of every Americans diet, there is a myriad of eclectic and special foods! Even heads of state like our very own Barack Obama eats food in The District. One very unique place to DC is Ben's Chili Bowl and it is real good!

The thing to get is a half smokey, as seen below. Its a sausage covered in chili with onions and mustard! and it is tasty and delicious. When President Obama ate here he had a half smokey with cheese fries... i am almost presidential in my meal.. but not quite.
This had me saying mmm mmm mmm! Barack Hussein Obama really liked this place for good reason!

Kelli, Mara (like Sara) and I were just ecstatic!


Kit here (with Britney) was amazed at how much i could eat! He didn't think i could finish such a large meal but somehow i got it all in!

#3 Dancing.

Most people know I'm from the mean streets of Rancho Cucamonga, and i have seen a lot of moves in my day. But i am amazed everyday by the incredible dancing of the people of DC. here Mara demonstrates the 'jerk'. I'm pretty good at it. but i wont bore you with pictures of me making a fool of myself.

#4 People watching, and becoming subjects of people watching...

subways are a great place to find people and for people to find you!

If you make a face like this:

people like this will look at you strangely:
Similarly, if you take a picture over you shoulder at just the right moment, you may catch the person behind you looking at what they just found in their nasal cavity.

And finally if you look like this and you are sitting in front of the white house, I will take a picture of you.
(I heard this was the African doctor that signed President Obama's birth certificate.)

Anyhow there are lots of other things that i am doing besides these subversive activities, I promise. But in the meantime i hope you enjoyed your stay here with the Chronicles and check back often for more excitement soon!

3 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

Mmm Mmm Mmm, Jeff is really hardcore.

Patti said...

You are hilarious with your subway humor. Loved seeing the sites and the digs. I am especially jealous of your plastic silverware.

I can hardly wait to see the NYC pix and running commentary. It should certainly add to your scrappy scrapbook of your vacati . . . er, internship! Love you.

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.